Sunday, March 6, 2011

Tub-e or Not Tub-e

I wanted to check the dimensions of the tub before soldering the tub supply lines.  They look VERY close to the surface, and while I know that is because I need to build the wall out an inch I still wanted to check.  I thought you might enjoy the sequence.

Starting out.

Oops.  Won't fit.

That's better.

Turning the corner was tricky.

Oh, oh.  Too long.

It will have to come out.  The box opens at the bottom.

Out of the box.

And...in place.

There is the one-inch gap.

And back out of the way.

One thing the experiment turned up is that while the tub is beautifully leveled end-to-end, it is way off level side to side.  I will have to build up the floor. on the side away from the wall.  I don't want to drop the stringer on the wall because the tub is designed to have a certain clearance off the floor.  You void the warranty if the tub sits on anything..

No comments:

Post a Comment