Tuesday, February 22, 2011


I needed a 4-foot level for this project (it is hard to level a 5' tub with a 6' level) and I couldn't resist one so fancy that it comes with a soft-sided carrying case and a serial number.

This thing has a backlit digital readout, in degrees, pitch, or inches/foot, that reads right-side up or upside down. To within a tenth of a degree. It has audio feedback that beeps faster as you approach level or plumb. It can remember an angle so you can match it somewhere else. It is self-calibrating. And it projects a laser point so you can extend the angle to a far wall. The silly thing told me the temperature when I turned it on.

Sorry the picture is blurry. Apparently the camera thought the chair in the foreground was more interesting.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Wow, with all that -- does it cook dinner, too?

    Sounds wonderful. I'm so glad you're getting the right tools for the job -- makes everything so much easier.

    BTW, speaking of tools, did you by any chance come across my *new* knitting needles that I bought to *bring with me*? They're the lucite ones -- the interchangeable tips.

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Michael I guess there is no new car in your future, or at least until you have finished making payments on your rolls Royce of levels! We are all incredibly impressed with your talents, expertise, and perseverance! Hope you will leave some evenings free to come and have dinner with us after we get back.
    Love
    Vivian

    ReplyDelete