Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Mental Heavy Lifting

Not much to show for the last few days other than lots of scratch paper and some credit card charges from online vendors.  Now that everything is torn apart enough for me to see what I'm working with I'm making sure all the puzzle pieces fit together.  In some cases that means finding and buying the right puzzle piece.

One I took care of tonight was, of all silly things, the vent fan.  I know it doesn't sound like much, but it took a bit of shopping to find the quietest one that moved enough CFM and worked with the existing 4" duct.  Ashley, you will be pleased to know that I got one that turns on automatically when the humidity goes up.  No more moldy steam room.  Sorry, they haven't invented one that detects "aromatic organic compounds".

I also decided how to make a 60" tub fit in a 61" space.  Better than the other way around, but typically one wants the tub to reach the tile wall.  That also meant serious boning up on tile substrates, waterproof membranes, etc.  I have decided in this case to use Hardiboard with a Kerdi waterproof membrane.  I'll show you pictures as it goes in.  A while from now.

Still need to figure out a good light fixture for the back chamber.  I found this one online.  What do you think?
Kichler Lighting Ravenna Baroque Old World 21-Light 3-Tier Chandelier

2 comments:

  1. Perfect! The girls love it and will feel like royalty when they're on the throne!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want that fixture in MY potty room.

    ReplyDelete