Saturday, February 19, 2011

Subfloor

I'm posting this out of order.  This was my work from the morning.

This was the front section of the bathroom.  Watch your step.  There is nothing under that insulation, and the joists are covered with Liquid Nails.


That's better.  Decking going in place.  I bent every other nail until I pulled out the big daddy hammer.


This hammer.  Now the floor is done in the front and it is time to start the back section.


I decided to pull out the insulation under the back section and start over.  Otherwise we would have to put of with a rain of grit, mortar, and chips of tile forever in the basement.  It had worked its way into the insulation and sifted down with each bump or footfall.

Do you like the spiderweb?


Here it is with clean insulation back in place and ready for the first layer of subfloor.  First of three.  I have to build it up roughly level with the other floor.  I am not putting down a 2" layer of mortar.


So can you believe that this was ever a bathroom?  Or ever will be again?

2 comments:

  1. Wow, there's a man who's not afraid of anything. Looks like he morning workout is paying off. There aren't many who would tackle the oil pipe.

    I am enjoying watching the step by step efforts. Usually it is only the finished product. I wonder how many who see the gleaming tile will appreciate the solid underpinnings.

    Thanks for taking the time tho take pictures and post the progress.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Michael!!
    You probably don't have much time to miss your little darlings!
    Vivian

    ReplyDelete