Monday, February 28, 2011

Remains of the Fountain

It was a stormy evening. Low black clouds, high gusts of wind, heavy rain. The storm came through right at rush hour. I got home just as the rain started coming down.

I looked out when it started raining really hard (after checking that the skylight wasn't leaking) and saw the downspout at the back corner of the carport doing a great fountain. It is jammed with leaves at the constriction at the bottom, so the water was shooting up through all of the joints.

Of course I couldn't stand for that, so I tried to remove the leaves. They were stuck for a reason. I couldn't pull them out, so I tried banging the pipe to get them moving. That worked a little, but before the clog broke free the banging also let the top section of the downspout come off. After that there didn't seem to be much point to removing the leaves.

1 comment: